Making your own marshmallows at home is a sweet way to let your kids enjoy what they love. And we are sure that they will enjoy homemade marshmallows more compared to the commercial ones which are sold in the grocery. What we have here is an easy way to make your own marshmallows. Your kids will definitely love this!
In case you already perfected your homemade mallows, you should also try our home made marshmallows too. Amp up the goodness with our Chocolate Fondue. Bring your kids and visit us at Old Swiss Inn Restaurant!
Below is the way to make your own Marshmallows:
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin (3 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Brush a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with oil. Line with parchment, allowing a 2-inch overhang on the long sides. Brush parchment with oil; set aside.
- Put granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 3/4 cup water into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cook, without stirring, until mixture registers 238 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put 3/4 cup cold water into the bowl of an electric mixer; sprinkle with gelatin. Let soften 5 minutes.
- Attach bowl with gelatin to mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. With mixer on low speed, beat hot syrup into gelatin mixture. Gradually raise speed to high; beat until mixture is very stiff, about 12 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Pour into prepared dish, and smooth with an offset spatula. Set aside, uncovered, until firm, about 3 hours.
- Sift 1 cup confectioners’ sugar onto a work surface. Unmold marshmallow onto confectioners’ sugar; remove parchment. Lightly brush a sharp knife with oil, then cut marshmallow into 2-inch squares. Sift remaining 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar into a small bowl, and roll each marshmallow in the sugar to coat. Marshmallows can be stored in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Start your morning with a healthy breakfast before undertaking the day’s work. Try our breakfast buffet at Old Swiss Inn Makati from 7AM to 10:30AM and mix-in your favorite meal with any of these choices:
- Salad: P 240.00 to P 330.00
- Cheese: P 100.00 to P 150.00
- American and continental breakfast: P 185.00 to P 385.00
- Local favorites: – P 245.00 to P 300.00
- Fruits: P 150.00 to P 200.00
- Desserts: – P 60.00 to 1,750.00
- Different flavors of our Pinkie’s Farm yogurts: P 35.00 to P 360.00
Your breakfast comes with unlimited drinks of your choice, should it be coffee, juice or tea.
If you are in or near Manila area, our Old Swiss Inn Paco branch also serves ala carte breakfast favorites from 7AM- 10:30 AM.
For reservations call Makati (8188251) and Paco (5262739).
Making your own sausage at home is not so difficult as it sounds. Here’s all you need to a successful homemade sausage recipe:
1 lb. 4 oz. salt
Black pepper, mix with salt
1-1/2 tablespoon of Cinnamon
1 tablespoon allspice
1-1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons garlic salt
2-1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 gallon burgundy wine
50 lbs meat, 70% pork, 30% beef, or 100% pork if they are lean butts.
Special equipment needed:
Meat grinder with coarse and fine dies
Wooden rack to hang the sausage to dry
1.Slice your meat and fat into chunks
2.Mix all the spices
3.Add the sugar and salt and mix again
4.Freeze meat at least 30mins.
5.After your sausage mixture has chilled grind the fat and gristly meat
6.Grind the lean meat through a ½” plate
7.Bring out your sausage stuffer, which should have been refrigerated. Run warm water through your sausage casings.
8.Slip the casing unto the stuffing tube
9.Stuff the meat into the stuffer
10.After you have finished stuffing, you may create links of your own
11.Hang your sausages to the wooden rack to dry
For an authentic Swiss/European sausage experience, dine with us at Old Swiss Inn!
Who else here hates Mondays? Our Paco Branch will make your week a good one. It’s because every Monday, we discount our entire Ala Carte Menu by 20%.
Your Mondays don’t have to be so bad. Start your week with us at Old Swiss Inn Paco!
We bet you enjoyed our famous Fondue, Raclette Nights and other Swiss favorites! How about we serve all of these in your own place?
Yes! Old Swiss Inn caters, from small parties to 1,000-person events. We don’t only serve food, we also take care of the music, flowers, decoration, and giveaways.
We make any event even more special with our accredited events venues all over the metro. Book now at Old Swiss Inn Catering service!
For the complete details about our catering, click here.
Old Swiss Inn partners with Don Papa Rum this Father’s Day, June 21, Sunday! Dine with us and all fathers receive a shot of Don Papa’s premium rum. Made in small batches, this premium rum is distilled in the foothills of Mount Kanlaon, Negros. Made from the finest Negros sugar cane and aged in oak barrels for 7 years.
For the story of Don Papa Rum, click here http://www.forbes.com/sites/cheryltiu/2014/12/16/don-papa-changing-the-face-of-philippine-rum/